Monday, January 18, 2010

Singapore 360 - Day 24: Sri Thendayuthapani Temple

I've seen this Hindu temple a number of times before as I strolled along Tank Road. I finally had a chance to take a few photos when we had dinner at a nearby restaurant.

A quick visit to their website reveals that the Sri Thendayuthapani Temple or Chettiars' Temple is one of the oldest temples in Singapore and was built in 1859.

Not surprisingly, it's listed as a tourist attraction in the Singapore Tourism Board. I'm just not sure if tourists or non-Hindus are allowed to go in because I haven't tried.

If my memory doesn't betray, I remember that a few years ago while going around Little India and China Town, tourists were allowed to take photos up close if they were willing to pay. Oh well, you can see pictures of the temple in the Sri Thendayuthapani web site.



***

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Sam Walker said...

wow, it is nice to see Indian temple in Singapore, though i am not an Indian but i love Indian Culture.

Nice Pics by the way...

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home