Monday, September 21, 2009

Singapore 360 - Day 17: Marching To Vivo City's Marché Restaurant

I am a fan of Roger Federer, the Swiss Army knife and Swiss watches. I liked Toblerone as a kid too. If I didn't know any better, I would've said I liked Swiss Miss a lot as a child (I really did, except that it's an American brand, not Swiss). I am a fan of Marché too. If you missed the connection, Marché is a Swiss restaurant.

The first time I got to try Marché was in 2004 when I first visited Singapore primarily for work-related reasons (I ended up extending a week). They had an outlet along Orchard Road back then. I had an instant liking to the ambiance. More importantly, I thought the food was great.

It made such a positive impression on me that when I saw they found a new home on the roof deck of the Vivo City mall, a few years after my first sampling of their menu, I vowed to give it a try. I did and it has become one of my favorite restaurants ever since.

I like their version of the Spanish paella, which is one dish I keep coming back for more. I find it best to share the solo size with someone and get a portion of their salad and a grilled steak or hotdog. I also like the Rösti, a potato dish that must be a relative of the French fries and the hashbrown.

I'd say vegetarians and meat-lovers alike would enjoy Marché. Food for both the young and old are readily available. They serve fresh fruit juices as well as coffee and beer. For a snack, the combination of crepes and coffee is a good deal. It's really not a difficult restaurant to like, unless you're not fond of Western food in general.

I think it's about time I visit the place again.

***

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 22, 2009 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

My wife and I are actually planning on going there this Sunday. Funny you should mention it!?

 
At November 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Blogger GLAIZA said...

Hello! I chanced upon your blog through Ms. Jo Jamero. She's my former professor. I like your blog. It's so cool.

 
At November 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Singapore Fountain Pen said...

Hi Glaiza, I'm glad you like my blog! Thanks!

 
At November 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Singapore Fountain Pen said...

Hi Glaiza, I'm glad you like my blog! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home