Friday, August 7, 2009

Singapore 360 - Day 2: National Museum

The day I had a running adventure at the MacRitchie Trails was also the last chance we had to catch a glimpse of the Singapore Night Festival. We couldn't miss it.

We got to Orchard Road a little past 7 o'clock. It was drizzling but that didn't stop us and a lot of other people from walking outdoors.

We knew there was a show scheduled later in the evening but where it was going to be held we didn't know. Well, that became apparent soon enough. We saw what looked like a stage being set up right in front of the National Museum.

It didn't look like the show was starting anytime soon and for a moment we were unsure where we should be heading next. We noticed a lot of people coming in and out of the museum. That had to be our cue.

There were a number of artworks on exhibit. One of which was Love Tank by S. Teddy D of Indonesia. It's meant to transform the killing machine into one that conveys love and peace to humankind.

If I had to name my favorite, it would have to be Donna Ong's The Crystal City.

Made of glassware, crystal ware, silicon glue, chistmas lights, mirror and wood, it somehow reminded me of Superman's Fortress of Solitude.

We got to the second floor where a bunch of people where queuing beside the Singapore History Gallery. We had never been inside the gallery before, so we decided to join the queue to finally get to see what it had to offer.

More about what we saw inside next time.
***

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

I've been in Singapore for over a year and have yet to go to the museum, which is odd since it's almost a tradition for me to drop in at the Natural History museum in NYC on every visit.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity. Maybe next month.

 
At August 7, 2009 at 1:49 AM , Blogger Singapore Fountain Pen said...

I've been here for over two years before I finally had a chance to visit.

Come to think of it, there's the Asian Civilisations Museum I've been wanting to go to.

Still a lot of places I haven't been here. Maybe I should start with Jurong Bird Park this weekend.

 
At August 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

I haven't been there either, but it's on my list!

This reminds me of when I lived 4 hours from Carlsbad Caverns for 2 years and never went. I kept putting it off. Now if I ever want to go it'll cost me a fortune. I don't want to let that happen again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home