Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Singapore 360 - Day 9: Songs Of The Sea

When friends visit Singapore, I encourage them to watch Songs of the Sea. Most of time however, I don't have to do that because they find their own way there. Sentosa is usually on their list of places to visit.





The number of times I've watched the Songs of the Sea can still be counted on one hand, I think. It was only during the last time that I managed to take a few good shots, at least a lot better than the ones I took before. My worst visit would have to be the one before that, where the rain almost ruined it for us and we had to contend with inconsiderate people who wouldn't bring down their umbrellas as close to their heads as possible but were very good in asking the people in front of them not to block their view.





I was fortunate to catch the original Musical Fountain when I first came to visit Singapore in 2004. I kinda miss the part where the music was synchronized to the spraying of the water, like that of the stereo equalizer. What's better with the Songs of the Sea is that there's more interactivity with the audience. Of course, it's a grander show too, with the fireworks, lasers and the balls of fire.





I couldn't help but notice that night that the star of the show wasn't as convincing as the previous one(s). He didn't look like he had enough energy at all. In fact, he looked a bit lethargic to me. It was still a good show, so no complaints really.



As a side note, I was surprised that a taxi driver didn't know how to get to the area near Songs of the Sea. One of our friends was trying to find her way to us and took a cab to save time and chose the first one that came along. He didn't even know where Beach Station was. Good thing he knew where Siloso Beach was — quite far but near enough. I guess it's too much for me to expect taxi drivers to know the places in Sentosa when they only get to go there once every several years.



I'm sure we'll be back again soon.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

Funny. There was someone on Twitter asking what they should do for the one day they would have in Singapore. I told them to head for Sentosa. ^_^

 
At August 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Blogger tiger4™ said...

Actually, I still prefer the old musical foundation. Songs of the Seas though newer and having more pyrotechnics, looks quite repeative and is not as magical IMO

 
At August 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

I'd actually have liked to see the old show. I didn't realize there ever had been anything other than the Songs of the Sea show.

The other show sounds a bit more mature. Songs of the Sea was nice, but it seemed to be more oriented towards kids.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home